Gilead Sciences, Inc. Director, Business Strategy & Operations in Santa Monica, California
Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site at https://www.myworkday.com/gilead/d/inst/13102!CK5mGhEKBggDEMenAhIHCgUI1A0QcQ/cacheable-task/2997$2151.htmld to apply for this job
We are seeking a Director, Business Strategy & Operations , for the commercial team at Kite, reporting to the Senior Vice President and Commercial Head of Worldwide Cell Therapy. The incumbent will serve as a key business partner to the SVP and be immersed in strategic and operational elements as well as take a lead role in driving large projects while providing insight to organizational strategy and direction globally.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with a strong track record of strategic work experience across a variety of settings and topics in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. She/he must have the proven ability to effectively manage sophisticated and ambiguous projects, influence stakeholders without authority, effectively network across the organization, and partner with leaders in a fast-paced environment.
Are you interested in formulating and implementing strategies in support of accessing more patients with life-saving cell therapies while maximizing shareholder value? Come join us in our mission to cure cancer!
Serve as chief project and business manager for Global Commercial Leadership Team (GCLT) activities, including planning and leading all aspects of our business planning and functional review processes. Specific activities include but are not limited to:
• Targeted focus on driving business results and strategic initiatives through operational rigor, collaboration, and cross functional/leadership alignment
• Identify areas within the business to drive performance and efficiency improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution, supporting project management of these initiatives
• Analyze existing data and industry best practices to ensure programs, processes, and initiatives are meaningful and aligned to the overall business strategy
• Drive the development of functional goals and manage/track department deliverables aligned to those goals
• Lead financial and resource planning process (headcount, expenses, etc.)
• Develop and maintain detailed work plans on key initiatives which include identification of project tasks, clear milestones, and assignments of work project responsibilities, schedules, plans, resources, budget, and status reports
Oversee meeting, communication, and event design for the SVP and the broader GCLT. Activities include:
• Collaborate across internal functions to manage employee, customer, partner, and other appearances including prioritization of internal and external events based on impact and strategic goals
• Work closely with Public Affairs and Human Resources on communications strategy and preparation/content for impactful presentations. Examples of deliverables: QBR/business updates, Board updates, leadership meetings, project/initiative presentations, customer meetings, keynotes, All-Hands presentations
In partnership with GCLT and HR, oversee and drive global culture, talent development, and staff engagement strategies for the Kite commercial organization.
• Minimum 12 years of relevant experience with a BS/BA, or 10+ years’ experience with MS/MA/MBA
• Exposure to global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology markets with an understanding of reimbursement systems and cultures is highly desirable.
• Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor, and project management capabilities
• Strong leadership and communication skills across functions and leadership teams. Comfort in business and technical discussions.
• Depth of understanding of the function’s financials and ability to see opportunities for growth and returning shareholder value.
• Experience driving large initiatives is required, including framing the problem and conducting research / analysis to build and drive the business and operational plans through successful execution
• Self-starter who thrives in a forward-thinking, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
• Willingness to travel with executive as needed to customer/partner/analyst/employee meetings and events (up to 30%)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com . Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT at http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT at http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site at https://www.myworkday.com/gilead/d/inst/13102!CK5mGhEKBggDEMenAhIHCgUI1A0QcQ/cacheable-task/2997$2151.htmld to apply for this job.
Change The World With Us
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every day, we aim to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work.
We are creating Kite together, with the recognition that the best teams are built by the best people. We maintain an attitude of curiosity, and creativity with each challenge as we develop a new market for cancer therapies. We appreciate and respect one another, and most importantly, we don’t take success for granted.
While we’ve come a long way to make what others viewed as impossible, possible, we know one thing is certain. Today is just the beginning.